Saturday, September 25, 2010

A little help???


I don't know about you, but when something gets my creative attention, I pretty much wear it out. That's the case with this crackle paint effect with Elmer's glue. I've been trying it out on just about any paintable surface, and these silver Christmas balls are my newest project/victims.

Here's a link to the cheap crackle finish with Elmer's tute.....

http://makethebestofthings.blogspot.com/2010/05/crackle-finish-with-elmers-glue.html




NOW I know that I can crackle paint glass Christmas balls! These came out so cool, I love the Halloween orange crackle with the silver showing through. I paired them up with some glass candlesticks. Purty!

I added some black painted candlesticks to the mix. OOOh, I like it alot!



How gorgeous are these? My problem, ladies, is I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Should I make more of them and hang them in twisty branches painted black? Should I put them in a tall hurricane on my table? How about clustered in a bowl?

Should I list them for sale on Etsy?

I really really like them, they are pretty and blingy and colorful, but what shall I do with them? Should I make LOTS more and switch over my Christmas tree to orange and black this year? lol!

Should I make bigger ones and not know what to do with them, either? Hey, big ones in an old punch bowl that's been spray painted black, that would look awesome!

Ladies, you are a creative and imaginative lot, what are your suggestions? I'll be linking to the parties in my sidebar. Talk about creativity and imagination, come check them out!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Ann...I like the hurricane idea... but I'm all for selling them on etsy...

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, try all. Funny enough, I was thinking about a project the other day, and remembered another post you did getting the crackle finish with Elmer's glue. Glad you did, because I had that reference, so thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should be turned into eyeballs and kept in a bowl. But like your other ideas as well. Fantastic colour. I do so like orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for visiting the link, and leaving a note. These balls with the crackle finish are great! And I understand the OCD part. Back in the late 80s/early 90s, every surface we had was covered in that faux stone paint stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fun! Just try them all! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what you should do them but they are seriously cool looking. I really do need to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of painting branches black and hanging them on the branches. Will definitely check out the link for how to do them. They look wonderful and I can actually think of many things to do with them. AND they look quite expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the halloween ball ornaments.So cute!
    XoXO

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...