Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lovin' my ladder shelf.

Here is my garden ladder repurposed to display my art at the Artwalk this summer. After this event I brought it home to my deck and displayed flowers all summer long. But then the weather changed and I just knew my beat up ladder had more life in it......

and here is my ladder now. I sanded her and painted her gloss black and brought "her" in (funny how inanimate objects have a gender, at least in my eyes) to become a handy basket rack next to our ginormous living room cabinet.

I shopped my baskets for the right fit to her shelves, then upstyled them with some judicious spray painting in gloss black and leather brown. The baskets still look different but they fit with her overall dark, sleek, vintage, farmhouse "aren't I clever" kind of a style. I still have one basket in need of spray painting (see it peeking from the bottom shelf), but I love the way they all came out!

This was one idea that came out even better than I'd imagined. The baskets hold gloves, scarves, DVDs and emergency flashlights, so far. I will really try to be disciplined about piling them with stuff, but she's so convenient and she's right there....ahem. As I said, I'll try. ;0)

Sweet Denise over at First a Dream blogged about her ladder shelves here.....

http://firstadream.blogspot.com/2010/10/ladder-shelves.html

She has some delightful inspirations in her post, so clever and cute! So here is my ladder shelf just to jump on the bandwagon. Lovin' the possibilities here and I know one thing, I need to find more ladders!

BTW, I'll be posting about that gorgeous garland from the second photo soon. You'll love how clever and CHEAP it is! And, it's up. Go here.

Join me at the parties listed on my sidebar. Lots of creative and gorgeous ideas out there in blogland, see you there.

15 comments:

  1. I love your ladder and what a wonderful idea to put baskets in it for storage..now I'll be looking for baskets and a ladder I can paint too! lol Thank you for stopping by, so nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ladder shelf, too! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was thinking about you today, glad to see this post and love the ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make a ladder like this! Yours is really neat. Thanks for visiting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have lovely stuff here!!! Love your ladder shelf idea. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coooool ladder shelf! I'd love to make one of those too. Now I need the right ladder. And some room. I may have to move before I get one, but by golly, I shall have one one day! :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! There are a few at my shop ~ I just might have to bring one home now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those baskets are just darling in the ladder! like they were meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty! I am loving all the ladder's I'm seeing for decorating these days! Thanks for Linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is definitely a booth I would have stopped at! So colorful and beautiful stuff.....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool ladder shelf. I think the collection of baskets makes it so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! Yes, I'd do this in a heartbeat. I finally have the right ladder too! Thanks for the push in the right direction!

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a neat idea, now to find a ladder.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is my garden ladder repurposed to display my art at the Artwalk this summer. After this event I brought it home to my deck and displayed ... eladdershelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...