Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Silver Button Blingy Decor Ball


 I decided to change that big silver Christmas ball looking orb because that's just what it is.
A big silver Christmas ball.

. You know when you go to someone's house and you see a decor item that just draws you in 
and you want to pick it up and handle it and 
say, "What is it? This is so cool!" 
That's what I was shooting for.


In my craft room I have a huge stash of stuff, including silverish buttons and doodads.

I roughed up the ball surface with sandpaper
and used hot glue then E6000 adhesive.

 I used wire cutters to trim 
 the hasps off the back of the buttons so they would lay flat.


Then I went to town and attached every silvery button and trim I could lay my hands on. 
                                                                                                                                           




Buttons and bottle caps and watch faces and silvery beads and glass half marbles...
and jewelry parts and necklace clasps and scrapbook gems and even glitter.

Oooh! I like it alot!







               
             


Or right there where it started, at the end of the counter when you come in the door? 
Yeah. That's the place.
 I love the way this came out! 
Don't you want to pick it up and turn it over and check it out? 
So do I! 


1 comment:

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...