Sunday, February 21, 2016

DIY Zen Stone Stacks



Whenever we go on vacation I make these zen stone stacks and take photos for some pretty memories.


Pin It
The trick is to find compatible stones that have flat surfaces and balance. This is a fun project to do with the grand kids!


None of these stacks are permanent and probably are knocked over as soon as we leave.



So when I get home I wanted to preserve that vacation vibe with some zen stone stacks for my own master bath.


I brought home a whole bag of flat rocks in different sizes and stacked them up. Here they are next to a succulent terrarium made for me by Insanely Creative Christy.

 So pretty!


So zen.

But I wanted these stone stacks to be PERMANENT. 

Well, that's so easy to do with stacking stones and a tube of E6000 adhesive!


This glue is specially made for glass, stone, metal and jewelry items. It is strong and easy to use but it is really smelly. Be sure to use it in a well ventilated place, like outdoors.




This year I'm going to make some of these stacks for my deck garden.

I'm trying out some miniature bonsai trees and they would go perfectly together.

I'll post about it here when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...